Tuesday 31 July 2018

OUR PAST IS OUR VALUABLE RESOURCE



Why does our past seem to haunt us then?


It would be a good idea to check if you are tapping into the UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCES or the VALUABLE LIFE LESSONS from that resource.

Agreed some past is not pleasant and can create immense turmoil inside us. All of us are curious to know how we can be liberated from it?

Please understand that we humans have an excellent inbuilt filing system. That’s why the moment something happens, almost instantly we’re able to tap into our memory bank and pull out the related specific incident/s with the minutest details. But t
he best systems / technologies in the world can be useless if one does not know how to use them effectively. 

The irony here is that nobody ever taught us the ART OF FILING. I am going to explain that today to the best of my ability, and as I understand it. 

So when a letter is received by mail, would the envelope be filed without opening it, or the papers inside will be filed? Obviously the papers inside, right?

Interestingly in life we tend to do the opposite. Our life experiences and the associated people are actually the envelopes, and the learnings from each situation / person are the valuable contents. Most of us are not even aware of this. So typically, we rarely open the envelopes to check the valuable contents hidden inside. We simply keep filing the envelopes along with our judgments loaded with hurts, upsets, betrayals, anxieties and stress. Not only that, we even get so attached to the envelopes and our perceptions & assumptions about the contents which have not even been accessed by us. 

Now let us check if you have ever received an empty envelope from anyone in life. I don’t think so.
Likewise in life no situation or person is put there without a message / learning waiting to be unveiled and imbibed by us. This is especially true for the seemingly unpleasant, often heart-breaking and testing ones. Once the learning is taken, only that needs to get stored while letting go of the people / situation associated with it. There is no need for any dramatic decisions like, "I will never talk to this person again"; or "I am going to prove it to them that they are wrong and I am right"; "How dare she talk to me so rudely?"; etc. 

In fact those people and situations actually need to be acknowledged for playing the role so that we could get our life lessons. 

This however could often feel easier said than done. I've myself experienced resistance in acknowledging some people / situations for their role in my life. But every time I've gathered the courage to do it, it has only liberated me. So however hard it may feel for me, I just do it.

High time we check our filing skills, learn the expertise, and get to offload a lot of baggage of those yet unopened envelopes!



No comments:

Post a Comment